On 25 January 2020, it was announced that the show was renewed for a second series. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, it was reported on 30 April 2020 that they were considering whether to film the new series possibly with or without a live audience. However, on 17 August 2020, it was announced that the series would begin filming on 14 September with a reduced live studio audience, with multiple safety precautions in place.
On 19 August 2020, it was announced that comedian Mo Gilligan would join the show as a panellist, replacing Ken Jeong. Jeong did not return as a panellist due to the coronavirus restricting travel- instead, staying in the US to film that upcoming season, though with hinting that he may make a cameo appearance in series 2 in the UK.
The costumes were first teased during the second half of November 2020 and it was revealed that a recap special would air on 19 December, followed by the official premiere on 26 December. On 2 December 2020, all the costumes and the premiere date were officially revealed.
|Rank||Photo||Contestant/Celebrity||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7||Ep. 8|
|1st||Sausage - Joss Stone||WIN||BTM2||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||1st|
|2nd||Badger - Ne-Yo||BTM3||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||2nd|
|3rd||Robin - Aston Merrygold||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||3rd|
|4th||Harlequin - Gabrielle||BTM3||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|5th||Dragon - Sue Perkins||WIN||SAFE||BTM2||BTM3||ELIM|
|6th||Blob - Lenny Henry||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|7th||Viking - Morten Harket||WIN||BTM2||SAFE||ELIM|
|8th||Bush Baby - John Thomson||WIN||SAFE||ELIM|
|9th||Grandfather Clock - Glenn Hoddle||BTM3||ELIM|
|10th||Swan - Martine McCutcheon||BTM3||ELIM|
|11th||Seahorse - Mel B||ELIM|
|12th||Alien - Sophie Ellis-Bextor||ELIM|
- █ The contestant won The Masked Singer.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant won the face off.
- █ The contestant was safe from elimination.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom three but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom three and/or was eliminated.
- █ The contestant did not participate in the episode.
|1||"Episode 1"||26 December 2020|
|The celebrity singing competition returns on Boxing Day with the first three match-ups as Robin faces Alien, Swan takes on Dragon and Sausage goes up against Badger. With one celebrity contestant unmasked.|
|2||"Episode 2"||2 January 2021|
|The celebrity singing competition continues with 3 new face-offs. Harlequin versus Blob, Seahorse takes on Viking and Bush Baby takes on Grandfather Clock. With one celebrity contestant unmasked.|
|3||"Episode 3"||9 January 2021|
|5 Masked Singers - Robin, Swan, Dragon, Sausage and Badger - return to perform again and to give some more clues to their identity. One celebrity singer will be eliminated and unmasked.|
|4||"Episode 4"||16 January 2021|
|The five remaining Group B singers - Harlequin, Blob, Viking, Bush Baby and Grandfather Clock - continue to compete to stay anonymous, and the fourth celebrity is unmasked.|
|5||"Episode 5"||23 January 2021|
|All right remaining Masked Singers take to the stage again to compete to remain anonymous in to the Quarter-Final.|
|6||"Episode 6"||30 January 2021|
|It's the quarter-finals! Tonight 7 singer become 5 singers with a shocking double elimination.|
|7||"Episode 7"||6 February 2021|
|It's the semi-finals! Tonight 5 singers go down to our 3 finalists and another mind-blowing double elimination.|
|8||"Episode 8"||13 February 2021|
|It's the grand finale and TV's biggest musical mystery will finally be solved tonight.|
|"The Story So Far"||19 December 2020|
- The Masked Singer is set to return to ITV with a fresh cast of 12 celebrities
- Masked Singer UK reveals lineup of new character costumes for season 2
- The Masked Singer UK on Twitter: "WE'RE BACK ON BOXING DAY 🎄🎁 The Masked Singer series 2 starts on December 26th 👀✨ @JoelDommett @RitaOra..."
- Surprise hit The Masked Singer returning for second series after beating Doctor Who
- ITV Mulls ‘Feasibility’ of Love Island Amid Coronavirus, Competing With Netflix & Insurance Woes
- The Masked Singer UK To Be Filmed In Front Of Live Studio Audience Next Month
- The Masked Singer UK announces new judge as Ken Jeong takes break
- Ken Jeong Drops Out Of The Masked Singer UK Amid Coronavirus Travel Restrictions
- The Masked Singer UK on Twitter: "WE'RE BACK! 🎭✨ Get ready to ask WHO'S BEHIND THE MASK? 👀 And we're welcoming a NEW DETECTIVE, @MoTheComedian..."
- The Masked Singer UK on Twitter: "👀🤫🎭🕵️♀️ #MaskedSingerUK"
- The Masked Singer UK series 2 start date confirmed as show returns this Christmas
- ITV on Twitter: "Time to dust off those detective hats. Get ready to ask, WHO’S BEHIND THE MASK? 🎭 The #MaskedSinger returns Boxing Day at 7pm on ITV and @ITVHub @MaskedSingerUK"