Season 6 of the American version of The Masked Singer premiered on September 22, 2021, and concluded on December 15, 2021.
On May 17, 2021, FOX announced that the series was renewed for a sixth season with a targeted premiere during the 2021-22 television season. On July 13, 2021, the first teaser for the season was released, giving some of the first clues. Along with the teaser, it was revealed that host Cannon and panelists McCarthy, Jeong, Thicke, and Scherzinger would all be returning for the new season.
On July 26, 2021, it was announced that the season would have a two-night premiere on September 22 and 23, 2021, followed by the series premiere of new series Alter Ego on both nights. On August 12, 2021, a sneak peek special for Alter Ego and the new season of The Masked Singer was announced, which aired on September 12.
On August 30, 2021, it was announced that Leslie Jordan, Joel McHale, will.i.am, and Cheryl Hines would serve as guest panelists throughout the season. A new twist, titled the 'Take It Off Buzzer', debuted in the season. The buzzer provides the possibility of an immediate elimination, if the panelist who hits the buzzer is able to correctly identify the celebrity at that moment.
The season was filmed at Red Studios Hollywood from the end of June 2021 to August 11, 2021. During production, 12 positive cases of COVID-19 were confirmed at the filming studio, but filming was not halted.
This is the first season since season three to have an in-person studio audience (virtual audiences were used for seasons four and five), though in a smaller size than it had originally been prior to the pandemic.
|Rank||Photo||Contestant/Celebrity||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7||Ep. 8||Ep. 9||Ep. 10||Ep. 11||Ep. 12|
|1st||Queen of Hearts - Jewel||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||1st|
|2nd||Bull - Todrick Hall||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||2nd|
|3rd||Banana Split - David Foster & Katharine McPhee||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|4th||Skunk - Faith Evans||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|5th||Caterpillar - Bobby Berk||ENTER
|6th||Mallard - Willie Robertson||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|7th||Pepper - Natasha Bedingfield||ENTER
|8th||Jester - Johnny Rotten||ENTER
|9th||Beach Ball - Honey Boo Boo & Mama June||ENTER
|10th||Hamster - Rob Schneider||ENTER
|11th||Cupcake - Ruth Pointer||SAFE||ELIM|
|12th||Baby - Larry the Cable Guy||ENTER
|13th||Dalmatian - Tyga||ELIM|
|14th||Pufferfish - Toni Braxton||SAFE||ELIM|
|15th||Mother Nature - Vivica A. Fox||ELIM
|16th||Octopus - Dwight Howard||ELIM|
- █ The contestant won The Masked Singer.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant was safe from elimination.
- █ The contestant was revealed as a wildcard and was safe from elimination.
- █ The contestant won the face off.
- █ The contestant was eliminated.
- █ The contestant was revealed as a wildcard and was eliminated.
- █ The contestant did not participate in the episode.
|Photo||Contestant/Celebrity||Entering Episode||Final Episode|
|Hamster - Rob Schneider||"2 Night Season Premiere, Part 2: Back to School"||"Time Warp"|
|Baby - Larry the Cable Guy||"House Party"|
|Pepper - Natasha Bedingfield||"House Party"||"Group A Semi-Final"|
|Caterpillar - Bobby Berk||"Date Night"||"Group B Semi-Final"|
|Jester - Johnny Rotten||"Time Warp"||"Group A Semi-Final"|
|Beach Ball - Honey Boo Boo & Mama June||"Giving Thanks"|
|Soft Serve - Leslie Jordan||"Time Warp"|
|1||"2 Night Season Premiere, Part 1: Group A Premiere"||MS-601||September 22, 2021|
|The characters in Group A perform, ending with a shocking double elimination.|
|2||"2 Night Season Premiere, Part 2: Back to School"||MS-602||September 23, 2021|
|Group A returns and is joined by two wildcard contestants; an unmasking.|
|3||"Group B Premiere"||MS-603||September 29, 2021|
|Group B members make their debut; an unmasking.|
|4||"House Party"||MS-604||October 6, 2021|
|The Group A members return, and a new wildcard enters the game.|
|5||"Date Night"||MS-605||October 13, 2021|
|Group B returns for a second time, and a new wildcard enters the game.|
|6||"Time Warp"||MS-606||October 20, 2021|
|Group A takes the stage, another wildcard enters the game, and the first guest judge makes their first appearance.|
|7||"Giving Thanks"||MS-607||November 3, 2021|
|Group B return to the stage, the final wild card enters the competition, and Joel McHale returns as a guest panellist.|
|8||"Group A Semi-Final"||MS-608||November 10, 2021|
|The final four Group A singers compete in the semifinals and two are eliminated; guest panellist will.i.am.|
|9||"Group B Semi-Final"||MS-609||November 17, 2021|
|The final four Group B singers are in the semifinals and two are eliminated, and Cheryl Hines returns as a guest panellist|
|10||"Group A Finale"||MS-610||December 1, 2021|
|The final two Group A singers perform solo, and celebrity duet with a celebrity, before one is unmasked and sent home.|
|11||"Group B Finale"||MS-611||December 8, 2021|
|The final two Group B singers perform solo and a duet with a panelist, before one is unmasked and sent home.|
|12||"2 Hour Grand Finale"||MS-612||December 15, 2021|
|The winning singers from Group A and B perform, all are unmasked, and one leaves with the Golden Mask trophy.|
|"The Masked Singer & Alter Ego Sneak Peek"||SP-2203||September 12, 2021|
|An exclusive look at the new season of "The Masked Singer"; behind the scenes of "Alter Ego."|
|"All-Time Countdown"||MS-607||October 25, 2021|
|"The Masked Singer Christmas Singalong"||MS-614||December 22, 2021|
- This is the first US season:
- To have a two-night premiere
- To feature Miss Masky
- To have live audiences since season three
- To have a hybrid audience
- To have a two-singer finale instead of three
- To have a 'Take It Off Buzzer'
- To leave an unmasking as a cliffhanger (Vivica A. Fox as Mother Nature)
- Where a contestant didn't sing after being unmasked (Vivica A. Fox as Mother Nature)
- To have two Wildcard contestants enter in the same episode
- Where a contestant performs a TV theme song (Larry the Cable Guy as Baby)
- Where a contestant sings a song in a foreign language (Jewel as Queen of Hearts in French and Rob Schnider as Hamster in Spanish)
- To have female wildcards (Pepper & Beach Ball)
- To have two duos (Banana Split and Beach Ball)
- To have a member of a duo not sing (David Foster as Banana portion of Banana Split)
- To have celebrity duet performances (Jesse McCartney [season three runner-up Turtle] with Bull, Michael Bolton with Skunk, panelist Robin Thicke with Banana Split, and panelist Nicole Scherzinger with Queen of Hearts)
- Where a panelist (Ken Jeong) almost unmasked a contestant (Natasha Bedingfield as Pepper)
- Where all the panelists got at least one correct first impression guess.
- Where Jenny McCarthy did not win the Golden Ear trophy.
- Where Nicole Scherzinger wins the Golden Ear trophy.
- Where a contestant sings twice during the season finale.
- To award the Golden Mask trophy after the winner's encore performance.
- To not feature a new mask in the Monster family
- Since Season 2 to not feature an appearance from Eagle, be it as a contestant or cameo.
- This is the second US season:
- This is the third US Season:
- To feature 16 contestants, after season two and season four
- However, this is the first season that a number of these contestants are wildcards
- To feature 16 contestants, after season two and season four
- The Masked Singer Renewed At Fox For Season 6
- Masked Singer Season 6 First Look: Costume Clues Include a Hamster, Magician and Banana Split (Exclusive Video)
- Fox Fall Premiere Dates: Masked Singer, 9-1-1, Animation Domination, Three New Series & More
- FOX to Unmask a Special Sneak Peek at Season Six of The Masked Singer and the World's First Avatar Singing Competition Series, Alter Ego, Sunday, Sept. 12 on FOX!
- The Masked Singer Reveals Season 6 Guest Panelists, Including Joel McHale and Will.i.am (EXCLUSIVE)
- The Masked Singer season 6 to introduce shocking new elimination twist
- The Masked Singer Continues Production Despite 12 COVID Cases
- The Masked Singer on Twitter: "This season is looking real nice! 😍 Who do you think will be unmasked tonight from Group A? #TheMaskedSinger"
- Jesse McCartney and Michael Bolton to duet with contestants on The Masked Singer — plus a huge clue