On December 30, 2019, it was revealed that all four judges plus Cannon as host would be returning for the season, as well as that the season will contain 18 contestants, bumping it up from season one's 12 contestants and season two's 16 contestants.
On January 7, 2020, it was announced that Jamie Foxx would be a guest panelist on the first episode, and that Leah Remini and Jason Biggs would serve as guest panelists in later episodes. On February 11, it was revealed that Gabriel Iglesias and Will Arnett would be joining as guest panelists, along with season 1 winner, T-Pain, and Joel McHale returning as guest panelists as well. On March 9, it was announced that Sharon Osbourne (who previously served as a guest panelist on the UK version) and Yvette Nicole Brown would serve as guest panelists for future episodes airing in April.
On March 5, it was revealed that a two-hour "Super Nine" episode would be aired on April 1, with the first ever The Masked Singer sing-along special to be aired on April 14. The special was later moved to the following date.
On April 8, 2020, it was announced that Cannon would be hosting an after-show titled The Masked Singer: After the Mask, featuring celebrity guests chatting remotely about the night's best moments from the episode. The after-show aired following the episodes on April 22 and 29, as well as May 6 and 13.
|Rank||Photo||Contestant/Celebrity||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7||Ep. 8||Ep. 9||Ep. 10||Ep. 11||Ep. 12||Ep. 13||Ep. 14||Ep. 15||Ep. 17|
|1st||Night Angel - Kandi Burruss||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||1st|
|2nd||Turtle - Jesse McCartney||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||2nd|
|3rd||Frog - Bow Wow||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||3rd|
|4th||Rhino - Barry Zito||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||BTM3||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|5th||Kitty - Jackie Evancho||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||BTM2||SAFE||ELIM|
|6th||Astronaut - Hunter Hayes||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||BTM2||ELIM|
|7th||Banana - Bret Michaels||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||BTM3||ELIM|
|8th||Kangaroo - Jordyn Woods||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||ELIM|
|9th||White Tiger - Rob Gronkowski||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|10th||T-Rex - JoJo Siwa||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|11th||Swan - Bella Thorne||SAFE||ELIM|
|12th||Bear - Sarah Palin||ELIM|
|13th||Taco - Tom Bergeron||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|14th||Mouse - Dionne Warwick||SAFE||ELIM|
|15th||Elephant - Tony Hawk||ELIM|
|16th||Miss Monster - Chaka Khan||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|17th||Llama - Drew Carey||SAFE||ELIM|
|18th||Robot - Lil Wayne||ELIM|
- █ The contestant won The Masked Singer.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant placed third.
- █ The contestant was safe from elimination.
- █ The contestant won the face off.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom two but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom two & was eliminated.
- █ The contestant did not participate in the episode.
|1||"The Season Kick off Mask Off: Group A"||MS-301||February 2, 2020|
|Television's biggest guessing game returns right after the biggest football game, and superstar Jamie Foxx will be there to play along, as he joins host Nick Cannon and panelists Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy, Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke.|
|2||"The Playoffs: Group A"||MS-302||February 5, 2020|
|The first group of contestants takes the stage again; actor Jason Biggs joins the panelists.|
|3||"Masking for a Friend: Group A"||MS-303||February 12, 2020|
|Group "A" contestants take the stage again and are pared down to the top three of their group.|
|4||"A Brand New Six Pack: Group B Kickoff!"||MS-304||February 19, 2020|
|An all-new batch of six celebrities is introduced.|
|5||"Mask-Matics: Group B Playoffs"||MS-305||February 26, 2020|
|The singers in group B return to the stage for their "playoff" performances; Gabriel Iglesias.|
|6||"Friends in High Places: Group B Championships"||MS-306||March 4, 2020|
|T-Pain joins the panel as a guest judge as group B competes for a spot in the super nine.|
|7||"Last But Not Least: Group C Kickoff!"||MS-307||March 11, 2020|
|Six new celebrities take the stage for their first performances of the season.|
|8||"It Never Hurts to Mask: Group C Playoffs"||MS-308||March 18, 2020|
|The five remaining celebrities from group C return for their second performances; Joel McHale.|
|9||"Old Friends, New Clues: Group C Championships"||MS-309||March 25, 2020|
|Group C members make their final outing on stage and three continue in the competition; Will Arnett.|
|10||"The Super Nine Masked Singer Special: Groups A, B & C"||MS-310/311||April 1, 2020|
|The finalists from all three groups come together for one mega-competition; a singer is unmasked.|
|11||"The Mother Of All Final Face Offs, Part 1"||MS-312||April 8, 2020|
|Four of the remaining singers pair off to battle on stage; guest panelist Yvette Nicole Brown.|
|12||"The Mother Of All Final Face Offs, Part 2"||MS-313||April 22, 2020|
|The four remaining singers battle it out; Sharon Osbourne joins the panelists.|
|13||"The Battle of The Sixes: The Final 6"||MS-314||April 29, 2020|
|Gordon Ramsay joins the panelists as they dive into the clues; one singer is unmasked.|
|14||"A Quarter Mask Crisis: The Quarter Finals"||MS-315||May 6, 2020|
|The final five singers compete in the quarter finals; comic Jeff Dye joins the panelists.|
|15||"A Day In the Mask: The Semi Finals"||MS-316||May 13, 2020|
|Jay Pharoah joins the panelists; one singer is unmasked|
|16||"Road to the Finals"||MS-317||May 19, 2020|
|Fan-favorite moments and performances from all 18 singers throughout the season.|
|17||"Couldn't Mask For Anything More: The Grand Finale!"||MS-318||May 20, 2020|
|The three finalists compete for the golden mask trophy; one-by-one, their identities are revealed, including the winner.|
|"Sing-Along Spectacular"||MS-300||April 15, 2020|
|A viewer sing-along featuring Season 3 performances.|
- ↑ ‘The Masked Singer’ Renewed For Third Season, Gets Post-Super Bowl Slot On Fox
- ↑ FOX Announces New Primetime Schedule for 2019-2020 Season
- ↑ FOX Announces Winter Premiere Dates
- ↑ On Camera Audiences - The Masked Singer (December 2, 2019)
- ↑ On Camera Audiences - The Masked Singer (December 10, 2019)
- ↑ On Camera Audiences - The Masked Singer (December 21, 2019)
- ↑ What we know (so far) about The Masked Singer season 3: New costumes, 18 contestants, and more
- ↑ ‘The Masked Singer’ Spinoff ‘The Masked Dancer’ Set at Fox
- ↑ "Beat Shazam" Host Jamie Foxx Touches Down as a Guest Panelist in The Season Three Premiere of "The Masked Singer," Following Super Bowl LIV, Sunday, February 2, on FOX
- ↑ The Masked Singer on Twitter: "HERE 👏 FOR 👏 IT. 👏 @BeatShazamFOX's @iamjamiefoxx will be a guest panelist on Season 3 of #TheMaskedSinger!
- ↑ ‘The Masked Singer’: Fox Alternative Boss On Format Tweaks In Expanded Season 3 & More Guest Judges
- ↑ The Masked Singer adds Gabriel Iglesias, Will Arnett, and more as season 3 guest stars
- ↑ The Masked Singer Sets Sharon Osbourne, Yvette Nicole Brown as Guest Judges (Exclusive)
- ↑ Don't Miss a Special, Two-Hour "Super Nine" Episode of The Masked Singer Airing Wednesday, April 1
- ↑ The Masked Singer Sets First-Ever Sing-a-Long Special
- ↑ The Masked Singer on Twitter: "Do you have the range? 🎶 Duet with your fave masks for #TheMaskedSinger sing-along special Wednesday, April 15 at 8/7c!"
- ↑ "The Masked Singer: Sing-Along" Special to Air Wednesday, April 15 at 8/7c on FOX
- ↑ Nick Cannon to Host New Unscripted Series The Masked Singer: After the Mask
- ↑ Masked Singer Sets Aftershow Hosted by Nick Cannon on ‘Virtual Stage’
- ↑ The Masked Singer on Twitter: "We can't get enough of the masked madness! 🤪 Join host @NickCannon and celebrity guests for #TheMaskedSinger: After the Mask..."