Season 2 of the American version of The Masked Singer premiered on September 25, 2019, and concluded on December 18, 2019.
On June 24, 2019, it was revealed that the season would premiere on September 25. The episodes aired on October 2-16, November 13-20, and December 11 were followed by new series Almost Family, while the episodes aired on December 4 and 10 were followed by season one of new series The Moodys.
On July 9, 2019, the first teasers for the season were released, offering a first-look at some of the costumes in the season. Along with the teasers, it was revealed that host Nick Cannon and panelists Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke, and Nicole Scherzinger would all be returning for the new season.
On August 9, 2019, it was revealed that season one winner T-Pain would return to serve as a guest panelist during the season. Additional guest panelists including Anthony Anderson, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, as well as Joel McHale (who returned to the same role from the first season) were announced on September 5, 2019.
|Rank||Photo||Contestant/Celebrity||Ep. 1||Ep. 2||Ep. 3||Ep. 4||Ep. 5||Ep. 6||Ep. 7||Ep. 8||Ep. 9||Ep. 10||Ep. 11||Ep. 13|
|1st||Fox - Wayne Brady||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||1st|
|2nd||Rottweiler - Chris Daughtry||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||2nd|
|3rd||Flamingo - Adrienne Bailon||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||3rd|
|4th||Leopard - Seal||BTM2||SAFE||SAFE||BTM2||SAFE||ELIM|
|5th||Thingamajig - Victor Oladipo||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||BTM2||SAFE||ELIM|
|6th||Tree - Ana Gasteyer||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||ELIM|
|7th||Butterfly - Michelle Williams||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|8th||Flower - Patti LaBelle||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||ELIM|
|9th||Ladybug - Kelly Osbourne||BTM2||SAFE||ELIM|
|10th||Black Widow - Raven-Symoné||WIN||SAFE||ELIM|
|11th||Penguin - Sherri Shepherd||BTM2||ELIM|
|12th||Skeleton - Paul Shaffer||BTM2||ELIM|
|13th||Eagle - Dr. Drew Pinsky||ELIM|
|14th||Panda - Laila Ali||ELIM|
|15th||Ice Cream - Tyler "Ninja" Blevins||ELIM|
|16th||Egg - Johnny Weir||ELIM|
- █ The contestant won The Masked Singer.
- █ The contestant was a runner-up.
- █ The contestant placed third.
- █ The contestant was safe from elimination.
- █ The contestant won the face off.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom two but was not eliminated.
- █ The contestant lost the face off and was placed in the bottom two & was eliminated.
- █ The contestant did not participate in the episode.
|1||"Return of the Masks: Groups A & B"||MS-201/2||September 25, 2019|
|The first eight undercover celebrity singers face off against one another in head-to-toe costumes.|
|2||"Return of the Masks: Group C"||MS-203||October 2, 2019|
|Four new celebrity singers face off against one another.|
|3||"Return of the Masks: Group D"||MS-204||October 9, 2019|
|Four new celebrity singers face off against one another.|
|4||"Once Upon a Mask"||MS-205||October 16, 2019|
|Six celebrities take the stage for their second performance.|
|5||"Mask Us Anything"||MS-206||November 6, 2019|
|Six celebrities take the stage for their next performance of the season.|
|6||"Mask-ish"||MS-207||November 6, 2019|
|Actor, comedian, writer and game show host Anthony Anderson joins Nick Cannon and the panelists.|
|7||"Triumph Over Masks"||MS-208||November 13, 2019|
|Five celebrities perform; Triumph the Insult Comic Dog guest judges.|
|8||"Mask and You Shall Receive"||MS-209||November 20, 2019|
|Four of the remaining eight celebrities perform; the panelists attempt to guess their identities.|
|9||"Clash of the Masks"||MS-210||December 4, 2019|
|Four more of the remaining celebrities take on their next round of dazzling performances.|
|10||"A Pain in the Mask"||MS-211||December 10, 2019|
|The six remaining contestants compete together for the first time -- with one celebrity unwrapped.|
|11||"Two Masks Take It Off: Holiday Semi-Finals"||MS-212||December 11, 2019|
|The remaining masked celebrities compete for a spot in the finals; two celebrities are unwrapped.|
|12||"Road to the Finals"||MS-213||December 18, 2019|
|A review of the best performances from Season 2.|
|13||"Season Finale: And The Winner Takes It All and Takes It Off"||MS-214||December 18, 2019|
|The three finalists compete for the golden trophy; all contestants are unmasked.|
|"Super Sneak Peek"||SP-2004||September 15, 2019|
|Host Nick Cannon and panelists Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy, Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke reflect on the show's impact on pop culture; T-Pain makes a special appearance; Season 2's characters are introduced.|
- Prior to the season premiering, a fashion show was held at the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills. The series' panelists attended the show, which gave a sneak peek at some of the costumes from the then-upcoming season.
- This was the first season to be interfered by the MLB World Series, due to airing in the fall- the second season with the same interference was season four.
- Season two was on hiatus for two weeks (from "Once Upon a Mask" on October 16, 2019 to "Mask Us Anything" on November 6, 2019) due to the series going into a Game 7. Season four was only on hiatus for one week (from "The Group B Play Offs - Cloudy with a Chance of Clues" on October 14, 2020 to "The Group C Premiere - Masked But Not Least" on October 28, 2020) with the series only going up to Game 6.
- This is the only season to not feature a group performance. However, the season finale originally contained a group performance, but it was cut out due to unknown reasons.
- FOX Reveals a Second Season of Television's #1 New Show and #1 Unscripted Series, "The Masked Singer"
- The Masked Singer on Twitter: "You want it, we've got it! 🙌 #TheMaskedSinger has been renewed for Season 2..."
- FOX Announces Fall Premiere Dates for the 2019-2020 Season
- Fox Sets Fall Premiere Dates for Empire Final Season, Masked Singer Season 2
- The Masked Singer on Twitter: "You've been asking for it... Season 2 of #TheMaskedSinger premieres September 25 at 8/7c on @FOXTV. ✨
- The Masked Singer Season 2 Costumes Unveiled – Get Ready For Egg, Flamingo, Leopard
- Fox Unveils First Look at The Masked Singer Season 2 (VIDEO)
- The Masked Singer on Twitter: "It doesn't get any crazier than this! 🦅🦊💀 #TheMaskedSinger returns September 25 to @FOXTV."
- The Masked Singer preview: New animals face off in smackdowns, and winner T-Pain returns
- The Masked Singer season 2 taps Anthony Anderson, Triumph, and more as guest judges
- The Masked Singer Season 2 Costumes Debut at Beverly Hills Fashion Show
- Panda, Flamingo, Ice Cream, Tree: See the Outrageous New Masked Singer Season 2 Costumes
- [Spoiler] Group performance?