All of the Russian Dolls have the same basic body. The head has large blue eyes with blue eyeshadow, brown hair peaking out of the red shawl, rosy cheeks, and big lips. The base of the body has a floral pattern with three big blue flowers at the center. The largest doll, featured in the promotional picture, has no limbs, but the celebrity is able to move its mouth from inside. The smaller dolls have arms and legs, covered with red tights. In the episode "Season 5 Premiere - Return of the Masks" One Russian Doll appears to wear Michael Jackson's trademark diamond glove. In "Super 8 - The Plot Chickens!" The biggest Russian Doll appears to wear a golden chain. and the second largest wears the same gold chain as the big one and a black cap. In "The Quarter Finals - Five Fan Favorites", the three Russian Dolls wear red movie glasses and rainbow colored scarves.
|1||"Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson||SAFE|
|3||"Wonder" by Shawn Mendes||SAFE|
|6||“Want To Want Me” by Jason Derulo||SAFE|
|7||"24K Magic" by Bruno Mars||SAFE|
|8||"Shallow" by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper||SAFE|
|9||"I'm Still Standing" by Elton John||ELIM|
|1||“Oh, oh hey there! Sorry, I wasn’t expecting you. You see, I’ve been doing my own thing for quite some time. Not like in the beginning, when I was the world’s hottest toy. Those were the days. But I knew I was something more than someone to be toyed with, a puppet. And as much as they tried to put me in a box, I just didn’t fit. Newer, shinier, manufactured toys filled the shelves. So I was cast to the side... and it was the best thing ever! Turns out I can still sell out without being a total sellout. And I’m ready to show there’s even more beneath the surface.”|
|3||Russian Doll #1: "Kicking off Season 5 was a total rush."|
Russian Doll #2: "And we totally confused the panel with our harmonies. But, we haven't always been in unison."
Russian Doll #1: "There was a time when I-"
Russian Doll #2: "You cracked hard."
Russian Doll #1: "Anyway, I was doing what I loved when I noticed something seriously wrong. I was rushed to the hospital. And there was no guarantee I'd be ever the same. If it weren't for the glue that binds us, I may not have survived."
Russian Doll #2: "That and a very talented, uh, doctor."
Russian Doll #1: "The trauma actually made us even stronger. And now, we don't take anything we do together for granted"
Russian Doll #2: "High five. Oh, sorry. You don't have hands."
|6||“When this duo became a trio last time, it was a game changer for real. Performing on this epic stage is a far cry from where we started. Life on the road was definitely not glamorous. We performed everywhere, from parking lots to softball fields. But we put our heart and soul in every performance. And the years of hustle paid off, when we finally got the chance to perform for the president. And we crushed it. We raised the roof. Of the White House. And now we’re leaning on that hard working spirit to take us to the Super 8.”|
|7||Russian doll #1: ”You know, we've gotten so much love here, and in our careers, but there was a time when we actually felt like everyone gave up on us. We were on top of the world, but suddenly, when we looked around, everyone was gone. We don't talk about it a lot, but it was tough to start from zero. For years, we went around in circles. Even a blessing from the king herself was thrown away. But, we were resilient. How did we get back on top? Practice, practice, practice. And just when everyone counted us out, we sold out one of the world's most prestigious venues, just around the corner. We love that you have no idea how many we are, what genders we are, and tonight, we set the table to toy with you even more!”|
Russian doll #2: "Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!"
|8||Producer: "Ready to take your masks off?"|
Russian Doll #1: "Absolutely."
Producer: "So, tell me something people may not know."
Russian Doll #2: "Even though it's just the two of us here, I think I speak for all of us when I say that when we first started, we never would have expected that putting ourselves out there like that would open us up to some pretty harsh criticism."
Russian Doll #1: "Growing up, we were laughed at. Even the way we looked was criticized. Like we could help it. You know, the haters are going to hate. But what we were doing is what we loved to do."
Russian Doll #2: "We've embraced not being the coolest because we've reached a lot of people who maybe felt like outsiders, just like us."
Russian Doll #1: "Now we know, it's what's inside that matters most, I mean, especially here. Am I right?"
Russian Doll #2: "Exactly. And tonight we've chosen a songs that strips us back to our core and let's our voices stand on their own."
|9||"It's insane to think we've fallen in love with a wooden rosy cheek Russian babushka. Okay here we are inside...what do we call this thing? Big Bertha is what I'm going with. Here's what we actually see...while we're on stage. Yeah, nothing. It's dark. The advantage is that the panel has no idea how many of us are in here. But the disadvantage is it's like walking around with a sandbag, and the sandbag is 4 feet around. Yet somehow, thanks to all our shakes, spins, and wrist choreography, we're still standing. And it would mean still much more to us to go even further. Hey, we didn't come here not to win. But first, the star who's inspired us is our other friend, Weird Al Yankovic. He's literally given us great direction in our lives."|
|1||“A Russian doll can sometimes have 15 replicas of itself.”|
|3||”Well, these colors just really pop like we do.”|
|6||What goes around.....comes around|
|7||Jellybeans and XXIX|
|9||Super Fan - Weird Al Yankovic|
|The M's in Russian Dolls-Including the Letterman Jacket-are a Nod to Hanson's Song "MMMBOP".|
|The Weird Al Clue is a Nod to Weird Al's Famous Cameo in Hanson's Thinking "Bout Somethin" Music Video.|
|The Puppet Strings are Banjo Strings in Russian Dolls' Packages are a Clue to Hanson's Orchestral Album, "String Theory".|
|Abraham Lincoln in Russian Dolls' Package is a clue to Zac's Son Abraham, as well as the Group's Popular Song, "Penny and Me".|
|The clue that they can have 15 replicas is a nod to their total of 15 children between the three of them.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Rob's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|Robin's First Impression||Jenny's First Impression||Ken's First Impression||Nicole's First Impression|
|The Black-Eyed Peas (Specifically will.i.am and Fergie)||Boyz II Men||Donny and Marie Osmond||The entire cast of Glee|
- The Russian Dolls are the second group costume on The Masked Singer (US), the first being the Snow Owls. The larger doll is also the second puppet costume, with the first being Baby Alien.
- Similar to Baby Alien, the largest one's body is entirely hidden from view.
- This costume was revealed as a solo contestant via a Twitter post.
- During their first performance, the Russian Dolls were revealed to be a duo, similar to the Snow Owls.
- Unlike the Snow Owls, they're not in a mobile costume; they are able to move on their own separately.
- Prior to the premiere of season five, a video was put out showing the Russian Dolls singing “Shallow”. The video was mistakenly labeled as being from episode one of the new season, but the performance is actually from The Spicy 6 - The Competition Heats Up!.
- The Russian Dolls are the first contestants to be the first band/ trio on the show.
- The reason why Hanson decided to be the Russian Dolls was they used to be very popular in the past, but now there are modern popular 'toys' that are being picked rather than them.
- In the Russian Dolls' first clue package, the panelists called the big Russian doll "she"-making it the 3rd mask to be confused as a female.
- Ken's first impression guess for the Russian Dolls was Donny and Marie Osmond, even though Donny was the Peacock in Season 1.
- Russian Dolls are the first group to give the first performance of the season.
- One of the smaller Russian Dolls was on display at 8480 Melrose Place from may 26 to May 30.
- Russian Dolls's fourth performance, "24K Magic" is the theme for Peacock from Season 1.
- Both dolls, Russian Dolls and the Nevalyashka Doll, both finished in 5th.