The Robopine is half-porcupine, half-robot. The right side of his body is plated with metal armor; the left side is furry and brown. Both legs have metal boots. His right eye is a red implant and two buck teeth come out of his mouth. All along his back are tons and tons of sharp needles.
|1||"Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross||SAFE|
|3||"All of Me" by John Legend||SAFE|
|6||"Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack||SAFE|
|7||"Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye||SAFE|
|8||"Water Runs Dry" by Boyz II Men||ELIM|
|1||“Scanning. Scanning. Oh, hello there. I may look prickly, but don’t be scared. Where I came from, I was forced to grow thick quills. I was left to fend for myself, with nothing but a dream. So, I went on a mission to get on Hollywood’s radar. I used 411 day and night just to make a connection. Until a certain angel said, ‘hello.’ That random call changed everything. Now, I’m on my next mission. And when I have my mind set on something, nobody can touch me.”|
|3||”My first performance made every quill on my back stand up. I have been in a funk lately, but putting on this prickly, shiny armor and singing my heart out was exactly what I needed. I felt like a singing superhero! Sixty years ago, as a tiny piney in Costa Rica, my superheroes were the workers whose job it was to keep my streets clean. They had my dream job, but my life took me on a different route. To this day, when I see them working, I like to pull over and lend a claw. They always say, “Why would a shiny porcupine like you want get your quills dirty with us?” I tell them they are the true superheroes who inspired the work ethic I have carried my whole life, which has gotten me on big stages just like this.”|
|6||“The quills are out tonight, and I’m ready to unleash some magic on that stage. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this masked adventure. But now I’m on a mission to make it to the end. And I know a good mission because I’ve been on one my entire career. A quest for a certain golden relic. It’s been an action packed, fast-paced ride. I’m dodged booby traps and so many times my life has nearly crumbled. But I always escaped because I’ve been jonesing for that idol. But for now, I’m chasing a new idol, the golden mask. Winning it will be proof that the ultimate relic will be mine.”|
|7||”The panel's reaction last week touched my heart more than you will ever know. I've actually been struggling with depression lately, so being here has really given me a new confidence — especially when it comes to my voice. Growing up in my house, it was tough on my self-esteem. Man, I used to love singing in the shower, but my family would always yell 'shut up!,' so I never had the confidence to chase my dreams. Until one summer, I was riding my bike, and I stopped by a block party. My neighbor begged me to sing in front of everyone. Man, I was terrified. But, I took the mic, I closed my eyes, and I just went for it. I was a hit! I felt this amazing sense of release, and this show is bringing me back to that feeling. I've come from hiding behind a shower curtain to stepping out from a backstage curtain, and I'm so grateful.”|
|8||Producer: "Ready to take it off?"|
"Yeah, I just want to be careful with this one."
Producer: "So, we are diving a little deeper tonight. Can you tell us something most people don't know about you?"
"Yeah, well, my family was on food stamps. It was a constant struggle. But I will never forget our school field trip, where we went to a certain theme park. Man, it was magical. Looking back, I could have never imagine kids today would feel that same rush on theme park ride based on a project I had been a part of. I'm really grateful, but it's bittersweet because someone I love dearly who was a huge part of it all is, uh-- is no longer here. He was taken too soon in the most tragic way. But I was lucky to be on life's roller coaster with him while I could. If he was here and could see me in this big robot porcupine costume, I know he'd be proud. He'd be proud."
|1||“Porcupine is skilled at not becoming roadkill.”|
|The lightbulb in Robopine's mind reader is a clue to Tyrese's hometown, Watts and his album "2000 Watts".|
|The pacifier and baby toys in Robopine's packages are clues to Tyrese's movie, "Baby Boy".|
|Other Clue Answers|
|Robopine's frequent red herrings, such as the false claim of being 60 years old, reference Tyrese's album "Identity Theft".|
|The guitar in Robopine's painting is a play on Gibson Guitars, and the spider on his shirt references Tyrese's upcoming role in "Morbius", which is a "Spiderman" spinoff.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Chrissy's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|8||Terrence Howard||Jamie Foxx
|Tyrese Gibson||Wesley Snipes||Tyrese Gibson|
- This is the first contestant to officially undergo a name change on The Masked Singer, changing from Porcupine to Robopine.
- Robopine is the first contestant to sing a song that was sung on the series before, singing "All of Me" by John Legend, which was first performed by the Peacock in Season 1.
- Robopine is the third person in general to sing a song that was sung on the series before, if one counts Craig Robinson singing "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor in the Season 4 semi-finals, which was sung by Pineapple in Season 1 and Rita Wilson singing "Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty by Nature in the Season 5 final eight, which was sung by Frog in Season 3.
- Robopine is the first contestant to nearly threaten a panelist.
- Kenan Thompson had previously guessed Tyrese to be the Monster in Season 1.
- Robopine is the fourth mask to not sing his final song after being unmasked. The first was Monster who sang Stay With Me. The second was Mushroom who sang This Woman’s Work. The third was Raccoon who sang Wild Thing.
- In the first section of Robopine's Clue Package answer the word 'Album' was misspelt as 'Ablum'.
- Robopine and Panda share the same birthday.
- Robopine's theme "U Can't Touch This" was a performance performed by Frog.