The Mushroom's outfit is inspired by woodland creatures. The Mushroom wears a light brown stem, that is decorated with mushrooms, moss, grasses, and a squirrel at the bottom of the stem along with brown leather gloves. The mask is a mushroom with big eyes and a small mouth that is wearing a red hat with flowers adorning it that resembles a mushroom top.
|5||"This Woman's Work" by Maxwell|
|6||"If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher|
|9||"Unconditionally" by Katy Perry|
|10||"Valerie" by Amy Winehouse|
|11 (Holiday)||"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole|
|12||"I Wish" by Stevie Wonder|
|9||Broccoli||"A Song for You" by Donny Hathaway|
|0 (Super Sneak Peek)||If you want to know who's behind my mask, you'll need to figure who's under all my hats.|
|5||"How does a mushroom grow up to be a healer and a scholar? I sprouted up underground, young, scrappy and funky. I started out in the rat race at a job that may surprise you. Then, the world turned upside down, and I got my shot to turn a hobby into a career. At first, the suits didn't understand me."|
Man in Black 1: "Grow less."
|6||"You know, mushrooms get a bad rap. A lot of people don't like the taste of us. But I'm here to win the world over, one song at a time. Even as a young shroom, I knew I was offbeat. I often felt like I didn't belong anywhere. Compared with the other fungi, I had totally different roots."|
Orange Juice: "You can't sit with us!"
|9||"I've had a blast blowing the panel off my scent. I'm so grateful to have this kind of fun on stage again, and with the Super 6 on the line, I'm even more determined to keep the panel on their toes. There's only one friend on earth who knows I'm here. He's a real-life government agent."|
Producer: "You've known Mushroom since you were kids, right?"
|10||"I came here to share a message of unity through music. And I think it's especially needed right now with the pandemic. Like many of you, its taken someone close to me. And while its been heartbreaking, it also taught me to make the most of every moment. Because life can trip on its head at any time. Last week, I ended up in the smackdown. But I tried to see it as just another chance to showcase my voice. Now I'm facing the Jellyfish again after she's already beaten me. So there is no shroom for error tonight. But no matter what , it's been magical to sing loud and proud as the Mushroom. Now put your thinking caps on for this super clue. What time is it? Time to make it to the final three."|
|12||"Being the Mushroom, it's been so transformative to get to share my voice in this unexpected way. When I set out to become the Mushroom, my ultimate inspiration was my little shroom, my daughter. I channel her mannerisms, her voice, her love of dressing up every time I step out on this stage. And she doesn't even know I'm doing this. So I cannot wait to see the look on her face when I unmask tonight. And you'll be surprised, too, because while most of you have shopped to my music in the supermarket and heard me on the radio, not a lot of you know by my name. But I hope tonight changes all that. I want to win "The Masked Singer" in the name of all of those who have ever felt different. Tonight, for my grand finale, I'm singing my daughter's favorite song. And I can't wait to bring her home that golden mask.|
|Week||Secret Santa Gift|
|12||Nicole: Ice cream|
|The buck, the cheddar, the doll hair and "Washington" are all recurring clues to Aloe's hit song "I Need A Dollar."|
|The egg in Mushroom's package is a clue to Aloe's birth name, Egbert.|
|The Kangaroo in Mushroom's package is clue to his wife, Australian rapper Maya Jupiter.|
|Other Clue Answers|
|Mushroom's Super Clue is an alarm clock, referencing the song Blacc made with Avicii called "Wake Me Up".|
|The Hamilton references in Mushroom’s first clue package was a hint to the fact that Blacc performed the song “Wrote My Way Out” on the Hamilton mixtape.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|12||Aloe Blacc||Ne-Yo||Pharrell Williams||Aloe Blacc|
|Robin's First Impression||Jenny's First Impression||Ken's First Impression||Nicole's First Impression|
|Billy Porter||Maxwell||Justin Timberlake||Donald Glover|
- The mask was initially revealed in the season 4 costume teaser on August 26, 2020, and was later officially revealed on September 10, 2020.
- Mushroom is the very first contestant to compete in a Smackdown and reach the finale.
- Mushroom is also the second finalist to have been at risk of elimination earlier in the competition. The first was Monster.
- Mushroom is the first food-related mask to make it to the finale.
- Mushroom is the second mask to not sing his final song after being unmasked. He sang "This Woman's Work" instead of "I Wish" Monster was the first one. He was followed by Raccoon.
- Mushroom is the second male mask to be mistaken for a female before his first performance. The first was Leopard.
- Jenny guessed Mushroom to be Ne-Yo, who played Badger in the UK version.
- Coincidentally, Badger was also the runner-up on his respective season.
- He decided to be the Mushroom because he wanted to embody his daughter.
- Knickerbocker Glory and Mushroom are both smackdown winners that were mistaken for females.
- Preview: All New Characters With All New Masks
- The Masked Singer on Instagram: “Thanks for going through the truffle, @sideserfcakes! Meet #MushroomMask in the Super Sneak Peek Sunday after the game and in a new season…”
- Sideserf Cake Studio on Instagram: “Meet #MushroomMask! Watch the @MaskedSingerFOX Sneak Peek this Sunday and the new season Wednesday, September 23 at 8/7c! #TheMaskedSinger…”
- The Masked Singer on Twitter: "Are you 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙚 you're ready for #MushroomMask? 😜🍄 Say porto-hello to them and more brand-new masks in the Sneak Peek Sunday after the game before a new season of #TheMaskedSinger premieres Wednesday, September 23 at 8/7c!"
|US Masked Singers|
Lion • Monster • Peacock • Pineapple
Poodle • Rabbit • Raven • Unicorn
Flower • Fox • Ice Cream • Ladybug • Leopard
Panda • Penguin • Rottweiler • Skeleton • Thingamajig • Tree
Kitty • Llama • Miss Monster • Mouse • Night Angel • Rhino
Robot • Swan • Taco • T-Rex • Turtle • White Tiger
Gremlin • Jellyfish • Lips • Mushroom • Popcorn
Seahorse • Serpent • Snow Owls • Squiggly Monster • Sun • Whatchamacallit
Grandpa Monster • Orca • Phoenix • Piglet • Raccoon
Robopine • Russian Dolls • Seashell • Snail • Yeti