|Major Spoiler Warning!|
This article or section features spoilers for the show, which may include the unmasking of celebrities. Once the season is finished, this notice may be removed. Read at your own risk!
This article or section features spoilers on a recently unmasked celebrity. Continue reading below if you wish to find out more.
The Cupcake costume features a large cupcake hiding the upper half of the contestant's body. The cupcake itself features blue, pink and purple gradient cupcake liner, with armholes. The cupcake also features a large swirl of pink and blue frosting, topped with multi-coloured sprinkles. This frosting is also found dripping off the cupcake and boots. The cupcake liner features large feminine eyes, and red lips. The contestant wear blue arm-length gloves and green boots that come out of the cupcake liner.
|2||"Heatwave" by Martha Reeves & the Vandellas||SAFE|
|4||"Finesse" by Bruno Mars||ELIM|
|2||"Oh, my God. I can't believe I'm here, It's The Masked Singer! It's been a long time since I've been solo. I'm used to sharing the spotlight. I'm doing "The Masked Singer" with a real purpose. Someone I love just got some news about their health. Food always makes me feel better. Why not dress up like a cupcake to cheer them up? I think this is gonna be so much fun. And if it brightens up their day, that'll be the icing on the cupcake."|
|4||"I'm a hopeless romantic! I have often called myself a Black Liz Taylor because if I fall in love with a guy, I'm all in. I have learned a lot about love, particularly falling out of it. I've had many husbands. But this husband is the last one. Tonight, I'm singing Bruno Mars "Finesse", and I love Bruno Mars. I just have a crush on his romantic manner. I love that. You know, I like to sing what makes me feel good, and he makes me feel good. My husband and I, we is both dripping in finesse, child. Ha ha ha ha."|
|The needle in Cupcake's package is a clue to Ruth's last name, "Pointer."|
|The jump rope in Cupcake's package is a clue to the Pointer Sisters' song, "Jump (For My Love)."|
|Cupcake's on stage mention of "Double Trouble" is a clue to Ruth's twin children, Conor and Ali.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|4||Leslie Jones||Grace Jones||Tina Turner||Ruth Pointer|
|Robin's First Impression||Jenny's First Impression||Ken's First Impression||Nicole's First Impression|
|RuPaul||RuPaul||Angela Bassett||Roberta Flack|
- The mask was revealed on August 13, 2021.
- In The Official Masked Singer Podcast, it is revealed that Cupcake has recorded and performed with Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, and Lionel Richie.
- In a behind-the-scenes tweet from 'Miss Masky', it is revealed that there is a second version of Cupcake, featuring a purple, dark blue, and green color palette with a large toothy grin.
- In "Group B Premiere", Cupcake says, "Well I was supposed to be here with some other sweet things, but now I'm all alone," seeming to indicate this was originally supposed to be a duo contestant.
- Her second performance "Finesse" by Bruno Mars was also Fox's walk-in song.
- Cupcake is the fifth mask to not sing her final song after being unmasked. The first was Monster who sang Stay With Me. The second was Mushroom who sang This Woman’s Work. The third was Raccoon who sang Wild Thing. The fourth was Robopine who sang Let’s Get It On.
- She's also the first female contestant to not sing her final song after being unmasked.
- It was revealed that her sister Anita Pointer was meant to be underneath the other costume, but due to health issues Anita couldn't compete
- The person whom she had lost was her sister Bonnie Pointer, who had unfortunately died in 2020.
|US Masked Singers|
Peacock • Pineapple • Poodle • Rabbit • Raven • Unicorn
Flower • Fox • Ice Cream • Ladybug • Leopard
Panda • Penguin • Rottweiler • Skeleton • Thingamajig • Tree
Kitty • Llama • Miss Monster • Mouse • Night Angel • Rhino
Robot • Swan • Taco • T-Rex • Turtle • White Tiger
Gremlin • Jellyfish • Lips • Mushroom • Popcorn
Seahorse • Serpent • Snow Owls • Squiggly Monster • Sun • Whatchamacallit
Grandpa Monster • Orca • Phoenix • Piglet • Raccoon
Robopine • Russian Dolls • Seashell • Snail • Yeti
Cupcake • Dalmatian • Hamster • Jester • Mallard
Mother Nature • Octopus • Pepper • Pufferfish • Queen of Hearts • Skunk