The Caterpillar appears to be a fuzzy caterpillar with yellow and purple coloured fur. This twelve-legged critter has a yellow and purple body, segmented with hot pink fringe, and adorned with cyan circular shapes on the sides. The Caterpillar mask itself, features a headset, a set of fuzzy antennae and toothy grin, with braces on the two front teeth. It is also trimmed with the same pink fur and cyan accents as the body.
|4||"If I Were a Boy" by Beyoncé||ENTER + SAFE|
|6||"It's Gonna Be Me" by *NSYNC||SAFE|
|8||"Friends In Low Places" by Garth Brooks||ELIM|
|0 (Special Sneak Peek)||"You might not know who I am yet, but I can say a Taylor would - especially this one."|
|4||"I chose the Caterpillar costume because ultimately, my life has been all about metamorphosis. Growing up, I was lonely. You know, things weren't always great at home, and I was rebelling. So I left home at a young age-- at some points lived in my car, was homeless, and even started stealing to make ends meet. My parents used to tell me that I was gonna end up in jail, and boy, were they right. I think the thing that thrilled me the most was all of those voices from my past telling me I'd never amount to anything. Well, I showed them. Tonight, this Wildcard is here to steal your date, and hope that you'll forget about all these other singers and only have eyes for me."|
|6||Caterpillar: "I didn't know my whole family growing up. So when I became a telemarketer, it kind of gave me an excuse to call them. I would call over and over."
Caterpillar: "But I was scared to tell them who I really was."
Caterpillar: "When I finally told them, they wanted to connect. But I had a lot of apprehension, because I didn't think they'd want to get to know the real me. To my surprise, they accepted me with open arms. So you just never know how a simple phone call can change your life. Hello?"
Family Member: "Hello?"
Caterpillar: "And for that, I'm thankful! But the thing I am most thankful for right now is good air conditioning on stage, because, whew, I'm gonna need it. The biggest challenge is remembering to sing the correct words. I'm letting the world and the judges know that it's gonna be me."
|8||"After the last two performances, you might think I seem pretty comfortable on this big stage. But I'm not, I'm kinda terrified. You know, I've never done anything like this before, but I'm doing exactly what I've done my whole life. I fake it until I make it. I've done a pop song and I've done a ballad. I wanna show people that I can do more. My mission for this next performance is just to show some range. This song takes me back to where I grew up. I'm gonna sing an old country song that my sister and I used to sing all the time. It's crazy that it's gonna go from 4 to 2 tonight. I wanna get to the Group B finals so freakin bad because, you know, when you fake it 'til you make it, and then you finally make it? It feels pretty damn good."|
|8||Bible Quiz State Champion|
|The basketball in Caterpillar's package is a clue to Bobby's initials "BB."|
|The eye patch in Caterpillar's package is a clue to Bobby's hit show, "Queer Eye."|
|The five great lakes in Caterpillar's package are a clue to Bobby's fab five "Queer Eye" co-stars.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Cheryl's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|8||AJ McLean||Owen Wilson||Jim Parsons||Dan Levy||Tyler Hubbard|
|Robin's First Impression||Jenny's First Impression||Ken's First Impression||Nicole's First Impression|
|Howie Dorough||Brian Littrell||Aaron Carter||Chris Brown|
- The mask was first teased on September 2, 2021 before officially being revealed on September 9, 2021.
- Caterpillar is the longest costume on the US version of The Masked Singer.
- Similar to Llama in season 3, Caterpillar features an extended posterior that moves with the contestant.
- This is the only costume to wear braces.
- This is the last wildcard standing in Season 6.
- Caterpillar is the highest placing wildcard contestant of Season 6, placing 5th.
- He is the fourth openly-LGBTQ+ member of the US version of The Masked Singer at the time of his unmasking, following Poodle, Egg, and Phoenix.
- He is also the second openly gay competitor on the show at the time he was unmasked, following Egg.
- Caterpillar is the second US contestant to have the Take It Off Buzzer be used on them. The first was Pepper.
- Caterpillar's voice, along with Baby's voice and Pepper's voice, was pitched up in the sneak peak but pitched down for the rest of the season.