The Split appears to be heavily inspired by Marilyn Monroe. The costume consists of a silver bodysuit, with an ice cream layered dress, dripping chocolate sauce.
The mask itself resembles a scoop of strawberry flavored ice cream, with vanilla ice cream for hair and a cherry on top. The mask features large feminine eyes and lips. On top of the bodysuit, the contestant wears a dress made from different scoops of ice cream..
|2||"A Million Dreams" by P!nk||SAFE|
|4||"Cry Me a River" by Michael Bublé||SAFE|
|6||"Let 'Er Rip" by The Chicks||SAFE|
|8||"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga||SAFE|
|10||"Singin' in the Rain" by Arthur Freed||ELIM|
|"Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing" by Stevie Wonder (Duet with Robin Thicke)|
|2||Banana: "We're so excited to be here because it's so unexpected. You know Hollywood is a small town, but there are times where it can make you feel small."|
Split: "I left school with big dreams and did what most people do when they arrive in the city, got a day job. Which I quit when I thought I got my big break. Only to have to beg for it back."
Banana: "There's no such thing as an overnight success."
Split: "The key was finding a collaborator who sticks with me through the sweet and the sour, and shares my same wacky dreams."
Banana: "Which makes every moment that much more delicious."
|4||Split: "Listen, we came here to win, okay?"|
Banana: "Song choices have been very difficult".
Split: "It's actually so far our biggest challenge. There's a difference between, like, a great song and a great song for you. Especially when it comes to love songs. The three ingredients for a perfect love song- I think it's like, a pinch of-"
Split: "Oh yeah, for sure. Okay, fantasy's good."
Banana: "A splash of-"
Banana: "And a little dab of reality."
Split: I wouldn't say that. I'd say heart."
Banana: "Oh yeah, the heart. Wow. Amazing. Well, it took us a lot of time and consideration to pick the perfect song for Date Night, but we think that tonight, we have nailed it."
|6||Split: "We are so thankful to be doing this together. Genuinely, we are really having so much fun. The last time we worked together, it was a nightmare. We bickered so much."|
Banana: "It's true. Cause she's impossible!"
Split: "No, you don't wanna learn new things. Aren't you supposed to get better at things when you work at them?"
Banana: "Well, is this full-fledged therapy?"
Split: "Might be. But to our surprise, people really, really did love what we did together."
Banana: "Yeah, I think people really saw the magic in us, and they really couldn't stop watching it. We're really grateful to be working together one more time right here."
Split: "If you say so."
Banana: "But I am incredibly claustrophobic, just afraid of not being able to breathe. They built me a special mask. The problem is, I really can't see out of it."
Split: "Every performance seems to be getting a little bit easier, and for that we're both thankful."
|8||Split: "So the third round, we really put on a show. I mean dancing, singing, running all over the stage."|
Banana: "It inspired us to take it even further this week."
Split: "This is the semifinals. This is the big time. I think our biggest competition in this group so far is Caterpillar. I mean, personality alone, he wins. But I think our strength is that we're theatrical. We put on a show."
Banana: "We're making 90 second movies."
Split: "We have a lot of ideas for tonight's performance. We wanna try and throw them off with this song, so we're channeling our inner pop stars."
Banana: "It's funny, because one of us dreamed of being a pop star, but it didn't really pan out."
Split: "Excuse me?"
Banana: "I didn't say it was you."
Split: "There's definitely an advantage that there's the two of us because it just creates more energy."
Banana: "Yeah, we got a real shocker planned tonight to get to the finals."
|10||Split: "It's almost impossible to not hear the things that people will say about you. I mean, in the world that we live in, it's kind of everywhere."|
Banana: "People say I'm fame obsessed, like I'm an egomaniac."
Split: "I've heard people say I'm not very bright but at least I'm pretty, like that makes it hurt less."
Banana: "Sometimes it can feel like the weight of the world really. It can dampen your self esteem, and it kinda makes you question everything."
Split: "But when we're performing, we shut out the noise. The static is gone. And for that moment, nothing else matters."
Banana: "Yeah, together we know that we can get through any kind of storm."
Split: "Oh, you cheese ball."
|Banana: "Most of my success has been within the same four walls. I've been itching to branch out, and this entire experience has really been exhilarating."|
Split: "I think as each performance goes by, you realize like, "Okay, that one worked. Okay, this one worked." And your mind just starts rolling a little bit and going "How can I keep being more creative?"
Banana: "Yeah, creativity's off the charts."
Split: "I think I've learned that I love to be silly."
Banana: "You're a goof. I mean, I'm always surprised when a crowd responds. I mean, I don't know. Maybe that's part of the reason why I've had a long career that's been successful is that I'm always nervous about the next thing that I'm doing."
Split: "Oh my gosh, he's not been positive about this at all. He's been very much thinking we're going home every night. So I've had to be the positive-"
Banana: "Yeah, my strength is her."
Split: "Aw, that's so nice."
Banana: "That's for real, I really mean it. She's doing all the work on the stage."
Split: "Hey, this is a partnership 100%, and you have been doing a lot."
Banana: "Aw, thanks, baby. Tonight, we have the opportunity to sing a duet with Robin. What a perfect way to spend the group finals. But it's so weird because we've been preparing separately, and this will be the first time we're all on stage together. Let's hope it goes well. You and Robin can carry it, I'm sure."
|8||Favorite Hottie Award|
|Week||Nick "Cannon" Clue|
|10||Garden, to Nicole|
|The bunny in the Banana Split's package is a clue to Katharine's film debut in "The House Bunny."|
|The "WINDYCTY" license plate on the car in Banana Split's package is a clue to David's work with the band "Chicago."|
|The beetle in the Banana Split's package is a clue to David & Katharine's performance of the Beatles classic, "Something" on American Idol.|
|Week||Robin's Guess||Jenny's Guess||Ken's Guess||Nicole's Guess|
|10||Ryan Tedder and Leona Lewis||David Foster and Katharine McPhee||David Foster and Katharine McPhee||David Foster and Katharine McPhee|
|Robin's First Impression||Jenny's First Impression||Ken's First Impression||Nicole's First Impression|
|Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush||David Foster and Katharine McPhee||David Foster and Katharine McPhee||David Foster and Katharine McPhee|
- The masks were first teased in a preview on July 13, 2021 before officially being revealed on August 13, 2021.
- Banana Split are the third contestants to be a group, following Snow Owls and Russian Dolls.
- However Banana Split is the first US group contestant to not be inside a costume together, but rather each celebrity has their own costume.
- The masks are the second banana and ice cream in the US, following Banana and Ice Cream.
- For their first performance, the Split sang while Banana played piano.
- Banana Split's walk in song was "It Takes Two", which was Yeti's third performance. It shares the same name with the walk in song for Snow Owls, which was by Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston.
- Although not sung by the artist, they and Hedgehog sung the song "Cry Me a River"
- In The Official Masked Singer Podcast, it is revealed that Robin mentioned father-daughter duos Billy Joel and Alexa Ray Joel, as well as Phil Collins and Lily Collins while guessing who Banana Split is in the third episode.
- The Banana portion is the first contestant to not sing at all.
- The Banana Split is the highest placing group costume on the show, placing 3rd.
- Banana Split is the second contestant to sing a song that was sung on the series before (singing Don't You Worry Bout A Thing which was performed by Lion), with the first being Robopine.
- Coincidentally, both contestants who sang "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing" were eliminated after singing said song in the semifinals.
- Robin had previously guessed Katharine was the Sun in Season 4. She was also Nicole's first impression guess for the same character.
- Banana Split is the third contestant to sing a song from The Greatest Showman, following Peacock and Flamingo.
- Katherine McPhee competed on the fifth season of American Idol with Chris Daughtry (Rottweiler).